Fairmont IT Supervisor in Makati, Philippines
To participate in project organization, scheduling, and coordination with user departments.
Hotel Overview:This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, scheduled to open in late 2012, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs all installations and testing of PC operating systems and associated applications within corporate/group standards.
- Provides a Helpdesk facility providing a user support function that covers all hotel/operation application products. In this function the position evaluates whether this can be supported internally or by outsourced support.
- Provides the link between customer supports with vendors as the liaison to end-users.
- Ensure that the backup and contingency planning system(s) are in place in a daily basis ensuring all best practices are employed to protect the IT Systems.
Contributes and maintains operational procedures for all support & maintenance logs:
Logging of support calls and respective corrective action
Ensure prompt follow-up of support calls from end-users
Coordinate & follow-up of support issues with suppliers.
Along with the IT Team, maintains and supports the following key system applications:
Property Management Systems (POS System, Purchasing/Inventory Control, Accounting Systems, HR Systems)
Any other IT System employed by the Operation
Evaluate & Perform upgrades on software
Office automation software (word processing, spreadsheet & presentation)
Above mentioned application software
Virus patterns, patches, utility software
- Graduate of any Computer related course
- Leadership experience in a similar role required
- CCNA Certified, Microsoft Professional certified (optional)
- Understanding of hotel applications an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs
Visa Requirements:Must be eligible to work in the Philippines.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Philippines-Makati-Raffles Makati & Fairmont Makati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: VBB00696