Fairmont Outlet Supervisor - Writer's Bar in Makati, Philippines
Outlet Supervisor - Writer's Bar
The Food and Beverage department is searching for a creative, organized, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who consistently strives for perfection. This energetic individual must be dedicated and be able to adapt to a changing environment, have a creative flare and be up to date with current culinary trends. The successful candidate will enhance the reputation, quality and performance of our Food and Beverage outlet. This position will be responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operation of our dynamic outlet. The Outlet Supervisor will also be involved in training & coaching of Restaurants colleagues.
This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Train, develop and lead the colleagues within the outlet.
- Ensure that all departmental operational procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that Fairmont F&B; standards are adhered to.
- Work with Culinary team to maintain appropriate menus, offerings, and par levels.
- Oversee monthly sales forecasting, payroll planning and productivity.
- Ensure that cleanliness and safety of outlet and surrounding area is maintained.
- Assist as a liaison between outlet colleagues and other departments in absence of a manager.
- Ensure all guest/colleague comments and concerns are effectively resolved.
- Performances manage through coaching, documentation, feedback and positive reinforcement.
- Maintaining accurate records on performance and audits, attendance, grooming, service deficiencies, schedule, and payroll.
- Recognize colleagues through comment cards, Bravo Grams, incentives and continuous feedback.
- Assist in conducting monthly inventory reconciliation with supporting actions of inventory management.
- Meet daily deadlines as reflected in the operational plan.
- Maintain daily productivity as outlined in the monthly budget.
- Continuously seek out creative ways to improve service and overall F&B; revenues and profitability.
- Act as a dynamic member of the hotel's F&B; team and ensure strong departmental representation on other hotel committees and activities.
- Ensure hotel grooming and appearance standards are adhered to throughout the outlet.
- Ensure a clean and SAFE working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting colleague health and safety.
- Promote teamwork and respectful workplace practices between the kitchen and service colleagues.
- Participate in setting and ensuring achievement of objectives in key measures. Some of which include financial results (average cheque, guest capture, and revenue), J.D Power, and Employee Engagement Survey (EES) results.
- Assumes full operational responsibilities for outlet in absence of an Assistant Restaurant Manager and/ or Outlet Manager.
- Understand and demonstrate Service Promise and company values in their daily work
- Display professional behaviour, integrity, pride and loyalty to Raffles and Fairmont Makati.
- Participate and monitor colleagues’ involvement on all hotel wide committees, including Health & Safety, Environmental, Service Plus, and Social.
- Meet, greet and seat the guests, and touch every table at least once during the meal.
- Oversee guest selection and ensure proper placement and distribution.
- Floor presence during shift, greeting and interaction with guests.
- Prepare shift schedules according to Hotel occupancy and special functions.
- Complete menu knowledge (breakfast, lunch, dinner, beverage service area)
- Co-responsible with Assistant Restaurant Manager for training.
- Monitor and control Micros system in appliance to guest checks and hotel reports
- Act as a member of one or more of the hotel’s internal committees, ie. Social Committee.
- College Diploma.
- Strong Food & Beverage knowledge.
- Highly detail oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Creative, self-motivated and energetic team-player.
- Able to smile and perform under pressure.
- Must be a highly organized individual with the ability to handle numerous tasks at one time.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- The ability to delegate tasks to team members and facilitate their completion.
- Must possess leadership qualities and follow up skills.
- The ability to recognize and correct guest service issues throughout an established presence on the floor.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Passion for food and beverage.
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and to work well under pressure.
Visa Requirements: Only for Filipino National Only.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Philippines-Makati-Raffles Makati & Fairmont Makati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: VBB00691