Festival Foods Grocery Assistant Department Manager in Marshfield, Wisconsin
Job Title: Grocery Assistant Department Manager
FSLA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Grocery Department Manager* *
Responsible for working closely with Grocery associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively assisting in managing all aspects the Grocery department operations, to include but not limited to: ordering, stocking, merchandising, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Grocery associates.
- Trains new Grocery associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by associates and conducts progressive disciplinary actions with Grocery associates
- Assists with writing and conducting performance reviews for Grocery associates
Answers questions and provides guidance to all associates
Ensures all department standards are being met in the Grocery department.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Grocery Department Manager and associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for throughout the store
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
Develops department leads to prepare for advancement opportunities.
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues.
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. **
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understands being in a leadership role and how to motivate a team of individuals.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business is strongly preferred.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions in the absence of the grocery department manager.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office. More specifically, Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures:hand jack, baler, forklift, pallet jack, trash compactor, proper lifting techniques, and proper scanning techniques
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. **
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in order to lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods oftime.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the associate to lift up 50-60 pounds on an occasional basis.
The Grocery Assistant Department Manager is an hourly position that is full time (38-40 hours per week). The work schedule will vary between day and night shifts, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Requisition Number: 16-2838
Post Date: 10/14/2016
Title: Grocery Assistant Department Manager
Is Position Part-Time?: No