Festival Foods Grocery Clerk in Marshfield, Wisconsin
Job Title: Grocery Clerk I
FLSA Status: Part time/Hourly
Reports To: Grocery Department Manager
Responsible for working closely with all Grocery associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Grocery department.
- Observes sales floor and cooler conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Produce Department Manager and Fresh Cut associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Oversees all sanitation within Grocery department
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for throughout the store
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. **
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and associates.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter safety.
- Ability to use the following equipment: power jack, walk behind lift, WAV, baler, compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. **
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; work in a cooler, walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in order to lift product. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractivedisplays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the associate to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
The Grocery Clerk I is an hourly position that is part-time (less than 28 hours per week). The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability__
Requisition Number: 16-1464
Post Date: 1/12/2017
Title: Grocery Clerk
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes