Manpower Office Administrator- Melville, NY in Melville, New York
The Office Administrator (OA) is responsible for the day-to-day operations and administrative tasks associated with the Melville, NY office of Right Management. The OA also participates on project teams in collaboration with colleagues from across North America using various types of communication and collaboration platforms to meet their goals. The Office Administrator (OA) role encompasses the delivery of exceptional administrative support to staff, consultants and candidates; regular reception duties such as greeting visitors and managing calls; and taking responsibility for maintaining the efficient and professional operation of the workplace. Reporting to the Manager, Market Operations, the OA works in collaboration with the sales, career management and talent management teams, staff from across the North American region and corporate headquarters, along with colleagues from the ManpowerGroup of companies.
Front Desk and General Office Operations (50%)
• Opens and closes the office each day.
• Answers incoming calls to the main numbers, handles general delivery voicemail messages and provides phone coverage virtually during lunchtime for other OA’s on the team.
• Greets candidates and other visitors and answers general inquiries.
• Coordinates safety and security in accordance with building management policies and procedures.
• Maintains the professional appearance of the reception area, break room and common areas throughout the office.
• Maintains training and conference room schedules and arranges for external event space if required.
• Sets up and breaks down training rooms for classes and events.
• Coordinates office events and meetings and arranges for catering as required.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
• Orders office and kitchen supplies; organizes inventory and maintains appropriate levels.
• Reports and follows-up with building management on maintenance issues and other special requests.
• Assists manager with miscellaneous activities related to facilities/real estate, employee onboarding/exiting, etc. as they arise.
Internal and External Client Support (40%)
• Supports candidates with general questions regarding their programs, résumé formatting, assistance with appointment scheduling, technology issues, etc.
• Prepares and assembles material for workshops, classes and other internal and external events.
• Responsible for the timely entry of data to the candidate and client databases and other systems regularly.
• Manages monthly events calendar creation and distribution process.
• Assists in Outlook calendar management for coaching staff.
• Provides back-up administrative assistance to OAs in other markets and to project managers as appropriate.
• Summarizes data and produces reports as required.
• Supports special projects as needed.
Technology and Systems (10%)
• Ensures in-house computer equipment is functioning properly at all times.
• Works with Corporate IT to troubleshoot issues in the server room and with computer equipment.
• Administers telephone system, applies updates and coordinates repairs.
• Oversees setup and maintenance of office equipment, multifunction devices, teleconferencing, and video conferencing.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree (Preferred but not mandatory)
• Five years of related administrative support experience in a role where regular customer/client contact was the norm.
• Experience in a multi-tasking corporate position would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Customer focused with a warm and engaging personality that conveys well in person and over the telephone.
• Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Comfortable with technology and fearless about adapting to new tools and applications.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new skills such as mastery of proprietary software is essential.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks assigned by numerous individuals.
• Independent and driven to take initiative in order to complete tasks and solve problems.
• Ability to complete tasks with speed and accuracy while meeting deadlines.
• Team player willing to be flexible in the midst of changing priorities.
• Professional presentation; comfortable interacting with a diverse range of candidates and staff.
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
ManpowerGroup is an EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer
Title: Office Administrator- Melville, NY
Requisition ID: 0014582