RELX Group Legal Data Expert (Product Liability) in Menlo Park, California
Legal Data Expert (Product Liability)
Legal Data Analyst (Product Liability Expert)
Team works remotely in USA
Lex Machina provides Legal Analytics to companies and law firms, enabling them to craft successful strategies, win cases, and close business. We are a cutting edge company based in Menlo Park, CA. Following our mission to be the most trusted source of litigation data, Lex Machina provides corporate leaders, attorneys, and policy makers with valuable empirical data and analytics that promote informed decision making and bring transparency to litigation. We launched Lex Machina for patent litigators and are now expanding Legal Analytics to all areas of the law including product liability litigation.
The Product Liability Litigation project is focused on categorizing case types and annotating dispositive rulings, orders on remedies and damages and case resolutions for 175,000 product liability litigation cases pending from 2009 through present. The project uses an internal tool optimized for reviewing and annotating cases. New schemas and natural language processing features will need to be tested and optimized for this project.
We seek a Legal Data Analyst (Product Liability Expert) to support our project manager and to collaborate as a member of a small team of data analysts coding case events. The Legal Data Analyst (Product Liability Expert) will provide domain expertise in product liability litigation and civil procedure to guide the data team’s success in its legal data coding for district court cases. After launch of the new product liability litigation product offering, the Legal Data Analyst (Product Liability Expert) will take responsibility for ongoing updates to the data and have opportunities to contribute to data reports, newsletters and customer success projects.
● Collaborate on drafting schemas for product liability litigation data and analytics
● Apply the legal data coding schema to cases including those that went to trial
● Work with the Director of Legal Data and the Project Lead to execute the new coding project
● Provide domain expertise for making product development decisions
Team member should have knowledge of the major issues and legal doctrines important to Product Liability litigators. A passion for data rigor and an interest in uncovering high value data are critical. Good communication skills via email, video calls and chat are required.
Some of the things we are looking for
● Law degree (e.g. a JD or LLB)
● 2 years experience analyzing legal data
● Knowledge of the product liability litigation practice area
● Highly motivated to thoughtfully and efficiently create new datasets
● Effective communicator via email and video calls
Primary Location NA-USA-CA-Menlo Park
Other Locations NA-United States
Req ID: LEX00FIA