Bombardier WELDER / FABRICATOR in Miami, Florida
WELDER / FABRICATOR-TAME-USFL01141554
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide — one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Miami, FL the incumbent of this position is responsible for performing repairs to rail cars and locomotives. Servicing, maintaining, inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing rail equipment. Repairs, replace and tests machinery, components and systems related to rail equipment under direction of engineering or other staff by performing mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic activities.
In your role you will:
Perform repairs to rail cars and locomotives using welding and fabrication skills.
Measure and inspect all parts to ensure conformity to engineering specifications and quality standards.
Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
· Be capable or working with both car and locomotive systems, sub-systems and components of the railway rolling stock to be maintained;
· Perform standard maintenance tasks, inspection and cleaning as required including electrical, electro-pneumatic and equipment on both car and locomotive;
· Be skilled in use of all related hand tools such as pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic, and measuring instruments;
· Perform other related tasks as required by Supervisor.
Experience in operating fabrication machinery including; lathe, hydraulic press, shear, mill.
Ability to safely operate a forklift as demonstrated by passing a forklift operation test following initial training.
Ability to follow directions, organize and manage multiple projects and focus on assigned tasks.
Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and demonstrate positive leadership skills.
· Must pass the composite mechanic testing and become QMP certified;
· Must maintain certifications acquired;
· Must maintain a clear DMV check;
· Must have good oral/written English communication skills;
· Must have a high school education or equivalent;
- Basic mechanical skills including use of required tools and measuring devices
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Primary Location: US-FL-Miami
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting:* 19.08.2016, 12:43:11 PM