McKesson Bilingual Retail Pgm & Pharm Net Advisor (Mississauga or Montreal) in Mississauga, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all. At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all. Current Need
The Bilingual Retail Program and Pharmacy Network Advisor is an integral part of McKesson Retail Manufacturer solutions, responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to both patient support programs and industry payers. The role involves collaborating patients, public and private payers, manufacture programs, Health Care professionals and members of McKesson’s multidisciplinary team using web based, telephony and face to face means of communication.
• Create and Maintain the highest standard of data quality in proprietary databases • Authenticate and contact plan members (claimant/patient) to provide approved prior authorization status and begin navigation process. • Navigate claimant/patient to and from various manufacturer patient assistance programs, assist claimant/patient with enrollment in publicly funded programs and identify other solutions available to offset the claimant/patient specialty prescription cost. • Identifying and educate claimant/patient of the benefits of a McKesson network pharmacy. Review with claimant/patient the disadvantages of non-network partners. • Liaise with claimant/patients, pharmacies, health care providers and or other services providers to provide comprehensive and coordinated prescription delivery, compassionate use supply/ bridging in a time sensitive manner across our Specialty Prescription Services (SPS) and McKesson qualified network pharmacies where appropriate. • Continue to drive volume through McKesson Pharmacy network to achieve retail partner success. • Triage compliance complaints / escalations for balance billing specifically for the Preferred Pharmacy Network. • Provide answers to general inquiry calls submitted via telephone or web based platforms on program services, disease state or product related questions, based on information provided as part of the program materials. • Perform adherence calls with patients as per program requirements. • Recognize record and submit Adverse Event and Product Quality Complaints reports as per approved procedures. • Creatively solve problems and overcome objections.
• Participate and assist in departmental continuous improvement activities related to process, quality, training • Assist with reviews of aggregate data to identify program trends and communicate these trends appropriately • Maintain program data accuracy through review of program documentation for completeness and consistency • Ability to understand the high level functions of specific Patient Assistance Programs (if available), and retain the component of each PAP financial assistance for the purpose of pharmacy and program referrals.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements
• Intermediate to advance knowledge of the drug reimbursement environment in Canada • Preference given to those with undergraduate degrees in life science or health care however two to three years of Community College, CEGEP or a recognized technical certification will also be considered or appropriate industry experience
• One to three years of previous experience working with drug access solutions is preferable • Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and in an empathetic manner especially over the phone • Experience in the healthcare industry including, but not limited to medical claims, insurance verification, pharmacy and/or pharmaceutical manufacturers is preferable.
• Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles, even when complex and unique circumstances occur; responds to recurring problems by investigating the underlying causes and taking steps to eliminate them. Only difficult problems are referred to supervisor
External Customer Service:
• Excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, physicians, and other clients • Resolve customer complaints • Solicit business and recommend service options to retail pharmacies, clinics and institutions
• Required to initiate planning and coordination of activities with other members in the work group, make appropriate adjustments to one’s own work plans
Innovation: • Expected to suggest innovations to the supervisor which affect the job or its work flow. Tries different approaches when initial efforts to solve problems fail; anticipates possible problems and develops alternatives
Working Conditions: • Able to work independently and make appropriate decisions • May be required to rotate shifts
Language Skills: • Must be able to communicate written and verbally in both English and French and is required.
Benefits & Company StatementMcKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation programWe are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency StatementNo agencies please.Recruiting Disclaimer The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file. McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.Category: Medical