SoSi Spanish Linguist- Montgomery, AL in Montgomery, Alabama
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-160711-4488: Spanish Linguist- Montgomery, AL
Job Category Linguist/Translator
Duty Location U.S. - Alabama - Montgomery
Type of Position Employee/Consultant/Contractor
Requisition Number 1-160711-4488
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Spanish Linguist to monitor, translate, transcribe and interpret communications in English and Spanish. Qualified candidates will be sponsored for a government security clearance.
This work is project based and assignment lengths can vary.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Monitors, translates, transcribes, and interprets a varying number of communications intercepts during any given shift
• Performs quality control validating services on completed assignments
• Provides reliable and accurate transcriptions, translation, and/or summaries of source materials or intercepts into English
• Understands and complies with Court regulations concerning minimization procedures and may attend training on this subject
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Candidates are required to have or obtain a USG Security Clearance equivalent to an agency specific Position of Trust
• U.S. citizenship or have been a permanent resident for at least three years, living in the United States for at least five years
• Minimum of three years of translation experience; however, a Bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution in lieu of experience may be accepted
• Must possess good credit and be able to pass a criminal background investigation
• Must agree to submit to random polygraph testing
• Computer literacy and ability to type a minimum of 40 WPM
• Excellent command of English and the ability to produce clear and concise oral and written work
• Proficiency with a variety of storage media (audio cassettes, video cassettes, digital media)
• Understanding of slang and colloquial expressions in the Spanish language, and ability to translate them into English
• Must pass oral and a language evaluations in both Spanish and English
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
• Shift work is required