Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Plant Process Superintendent (Washer/Waste Water Treatment) 659421 in Monticello, Indiana
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 15,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball's largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia - about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball - and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
The Ball metal beverage packaging facility in Monticello, Indiana, has been manufacturing aluminum cans for the beverage industry since 1988. The plant operates multiple high-speed production lines that manufacture a variety of can and bottle sizes for well-known beer and beverage customers. The plant employs more than 220 dedicated team members who together produce more than 3.1 billion infinitely recyclable beverage containers each day.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for supervising and driving plant process optimization for the functional area assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Responsible for ensuring round the clock efficient operations for assigned process area.
- Manages the resources and activities for functional area or process assigned.
- Supervises process team members.
- Establishes maintenance procedures on equipment, including planning, budgeting, execution, and periodic review.
- Responsible for planning, administering, and managing the budget for assigned process area.
- Applies knowledge of functional area to conduct system and process analysis, identifies opportunities for improvement, and makes recommendations to management.
- Diagnoses problem areas and develops and implements corrective action plans.
- Participates in designing and overseeing new systems and processes that improve and enhance plant performance in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction.
- Collects and organizes data in order to generate and maintain reports and schedules related to functional area.
- Coordinates and applies maintenance techniques directed toward monitoring and reducing maintenance and repair costs.
- Arranges for maintenance of adequate level of supplies, materials, and parts so that there will be no interruption in operations due to shortages.
- Arranges for all equipment in area to be properly maintained and upgraded as needed.
- Arranges for training of employees in proper maintenance programs and procedures for plant production equipment.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in the technical field usually acquired through working in equipment maintenance.
- College degree preferred.
- Job-related experience for 5 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- production processes
- product specifications and technology of equipment
- generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production, chemical process, and warehouse techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/building maintenance.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic, geometric, and algebraic calculations.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards including, but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Requires short-term and long-term domestic and international travel. (5% travel)
Relocation for this position is Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.