Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist 3 in Moses Lake, Washington
Our vision is - Seniors and people with disabilities living with good health, independence, dignity, and control over the decisions that affect their lives. Our Social Service Specialists make a difference in people's life and advocate for elderly or vulnerable adults. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, and culturally competent Social Services Specialist 3 based in Moses Lake, WA to help support our vision.
This is a specialist position working with Medicaid applicants residing in their own homes seeking in-home services to maintain their independence in that setting or placement into a residential setting such as Adult Family Homes and Assisted Living Facilities. You will also provide on-going skilled case management to clients residing in AFH and AL settings. The populations are high-risk, frail, vulnerable persons age 18 and older who are medically and financially dependent for services from Home and Community Services.
You will have excellent organization skills and the ability to manage a large volume of new referrals. You will also provide diversion activities to prevent hospitalization or nursing family placement.
Some of the major duties you will perform are:
- Conduct functional assessment utilizing the departments Comprehensive Assessment Reporting & Evaluation computerized tool to determine level of care and eligibility for the Community First Choice, Community Options Program Entry System, Medicaid Personal Care, and other programs administered by Home and Community Services
- Develop appropriate individualized service plans in conjunction with the client and/or representative to meet the needs of clients
- Coordinate and provide financial support services including assisting clients to fill out forms and applications for benefits, Non-Grant Medical Assistance, verifying Medicaid financial eligibility
- Organize, handle and submit documents per program procedures and office specifications
- Participate in unit meetings, staffing with collateral contracts and community partners, mandatory on-line or in-person training, workshops, webinars, teleconferences, video conferences, and meetings Here's what we are looking for: A Bachelor's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field, and three years of paid social service experience performing functions equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2 OR One year as a Social Service Specialist 2 (formerly Social Worker 2).
A Master's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field and two years of paid social service experience equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2.
Must have one year of paid experience completing comprehensive assessments and development of individualized service plans for the elderly and disabled adult populations including determining the level of care to include care needs related to medical, dementia, and geriatric mental health treatment and interventions
*A two year Master's degree in one of the above fields that included a practicum will be substituted for one year of paid social service experience. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07029 XS64
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,627.00 - $4,762.00 Monthly
Location: Grant County - Moses Lake, WA