Google Finance Manager, Google Cloud in Mountain View, California
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. A master juggler working of multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges.
You are both a manager and a mentor, providing financial leadership and analytical support to partners of the core Finance team as well as giving your own team the support they need to become financial gurus. You'll keep senior management informed on key financial metrics and work to improve financial operation practices throughout your region.
Google Cloud and G Suite technology is at the heart of what Google is and does. It brings the power, speed and security of Google's infrastructure and software technology to enterprise customers. Google Cloud Platforms and G Suite are two of Google’s big bets targeting a market of information technology industry.
We are looking for an experienced manager and strategic finance business professional to lead a team of analysts in this fast growing area. In this role, you will be one of the core drivers of the investment management for the Google Cloud and G Suite P&L.; Together with the team and with strong cross-functional collaboration with the business and product FP&A; finance team, you will perform analysis to provide finance advice to the top management about the business and investment performance including ROI analysis, resource allocation, P&L; insights, QBRs, agreement and spend governance and reporting. You will help also to identify business risks and opportunities to maximize investments based on the in deep review of the business performance.
- Perform in deep reviews of Google Cloud and G Suite P&L;, and provide recommendations that support the business’s growth, drive investment performance, and optimize resource allocation; perform business reviews (P&L;, Budget vs Actual, QBRs, Comp/Commissions), define KPIs, evaluate M&A; proposals and brief Finance leadership on business trends.
- Manage planning process both for annual and in year planning and define reporting requirements with cross-functional team.
- Advise finance leadership from an investor perspective on all aspects of the business and investment performance.
- Support process and systems governance and enhancements including the review and management of product launches; support and review key non-standard agreements to ensure they are in agreement with Google policies and agreement governance rules.
- Partner with business team, Business Controller, Product FP&A; and Corp Finance cloud to develop a long-term investment plan.
- BA/BS degree with evidence of quantitative coursework such as engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or finance or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of business experience including 5 years of finance (FP&A;) and/or strategy consulting experience.
- MBA or relevant advanced degree.
- A good understanding of cloud computing and SaaS from a FP&A; and business perspective.
- Track record of successfully leading and developing teams.
- Proven success in FP&A;, investment analysis and managing at both the strategic and operational level - organized, strategically focused, detail-oriented, multi-task, self starter and able to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Demonstrated top performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with the management team.