Google Strategic Events and Protective Services Manager in Mountain View, California
Security is at the core of Google's design and development process: it is built into the DNA of our products. The same is true of our offices. You're an expert who shares our seriousness about security and our commitment to confidentiality. You'll collaborate with our Facilities Management team to create innovative security strategies, investigate breaches and create risk assessment plans for the future. You believe that providing effective security doesn't come at the expense of customer service - you will be our bodyguard (and our long lost pal).
The Events and Protective Services team focuses on providing security strategy for Google events as well as security logistics for Google employees. You will have Executive or Dignitary Protection (DP/EP) experience as well as significant experience organizing the security logistics of a non-security event, partnering cross-functionally with stakeholders and interfacing with high level executives or principals. The event security requirements include performing site assessments, advances, coordinating contract security personnel in partnership with site security and internal regional security managers, organizing access control as well as arrangements for the senior or high visibility attendees including employees and guests. Budgeting experience is a must, including being able to scope security resources and stay within a prescribed budget for events and travel.
- Perform all functions of role including planning of large scale Google events as well as worldwide travel to support events and Googler travel security.
- Serve as a liaison to executives and stakeholders for all matters regarding high risk/visibility travel or events.
- Conduct audits and other research to identify process deficiencies, areas of improvement and efficiency for the team.
- Develop strong relationships with domestic and international law enforcement and government counterparts, as well as private sector peers worldwide to help facilitate travel and event security.
- Travel internationally and domestically up to 50%.
- 5 years of either Executive/Dignitary Protection or Event Security Responsibility experience.
- 5 years of experience conducting Executive Protection or Dignitary Protection in various locations including internationally or event security planning.
- Experience analyzing intelligence and threat reports to determine the risk level to a location, event or person so that resources can be scoped appropriately.