Fairmont Host / Hostess in Nairobi, Kenya
Host / Hostess
**As a Host/Hostess with Fairmont The Norfolk, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests of our restaurants and lounges, making them feel welcome and valued.
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi's finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 165 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly greeting and engaging service
- Understand the Server’s tasks in the outlet
- Understand shift end reports in the outlet and the POS system
- Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous service experience an asset
- Previous Point of Sale System experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
*Visa Requirements: *Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Kenya.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Fairmont The Norfolk
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 28.Feb.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: FAI05495