Fairmont Executive Pastry Chef in Nanjing, China
Executive Pastry Chef
Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. As Executive Pastry Chef, your leadership, creativity and culinary skills will inspire your team to create spectacular desserts that bring every meal to a memorable (and delectable) end.
Hotel Overview: Situated on the south bank of the Yangtze River, Nanjing is a cultural and commercial metropolis and the hotel will be part of a new residential and commercial development in the ever-expanding city. The hotel will feature 371 spacious guestrooms and suites and guests will enjoy a variety of restaurants and bars as well as a 1,800 square meter Willow Stream Spa, pool and fitness facilities, as well as 2,500 square meters of function and meeting space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Lead and manage the qualityquantity of the Pastry department, as well as coordinate the production as it relates to banquet and restaurant functions
- Develop new dessert, pastry and bread products
- Maintaining payroll costs and productivity within budgeted guidelines
- To assist in the recruitment and training of all new Pastry Cooks
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Implement HACCP standards in the hotel with the assistance of the Executive Chef, Hygiene Officer and its members
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive leadership experience in a Pastry department required
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline required
- Working knowledge of sugar work/chocolate skills an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligilble to work in China.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: China-Nanjing-Fairmont Nanjing
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Senior Leadership / Executive
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: NAN00039