Wolf Creek Federal Services Cashier (Union) in Nevada
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Responsible for taking money in the form of cash, check, or credit card from patrons in exchange for food or services. Scans items, provides change, balances drawer, and processes card transactions. Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Scans items and ensures pricing is correct.
- Greets customers
- Takes customers' orders.
- Dispenses correct change.
- Takes money in the form of cash, credit card, or check.
- Asks for one or two forms of ID to confirm identity.
- Validates checks.
- Issues receipts, refunds, and credits.
- Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Changes receipt paper as needed.
- Resolves amount discrepancies.
- Bags items carefully.
- Weighs items.
- Cleans up checkout area with damp cloth and disinfectant.
- Establishes or identifies prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulates bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Sells various sundries and service items.
- Bags and/or boxes merchandise.
- Processes returns and check to see if items are damaged.
- Answers customers’ questions and escalates issues to a manager if answer doesn't solve the issue.
- Cashes checks and provide change.
- Returns unwanted items to shelves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The proper use of equipment commonly used in the food service field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established CGS, LLC safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with CGS, LLC Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years previous experience in cashiering.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI); or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level or Top Secret Level, as applicable to the position/location requirements.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record as pertinent to the position.
- US Citizenship
- Experience working as a cashier in a fast paced work environment This is a union position.
Primary Location: US-Nevada
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: NEV10019
Req ID: NEV10019