Wolf Creek Federal Services Food Service Worker/Food Server (Union) in Nevada
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The Food Service Worker performs a variety of food preparation and food service tasks. Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Assists in food preparation with tasks such as peeling potatoes; cutting, sorting and washing vegetables and fruits; assembling sandwiches and measuring and weighting ingredients.
- Returns carts, dishes and leftover food to the kitchen and dispose of all food waste and trash.
- Pre-rinses and washes pots, pans, dishes, glasses and silverware in either a mechanical dishwasher or manually according to sanitation regulations.
- Cleans serving carts, food preparation areas, cupboards, drawers and dishwashing areas.
- Performs heavy-duty cleaning tasks throughout the food service and related areas.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner, adhering to federal regulations and all local policies and procedures.
- Labels and dates all items in refrigerators and freezers and stores leftovers in accordance with sanitation and health standards.
- Unloads food and supplies from delivery trucks.
- Ensures compliance with federal regulations, and all food handling standards, policies, and regulations.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- The proper use of equipment commonly used in the food services field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established CGS, LLC safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with CGS, LLC Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience in food service.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI); or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level or Top Secret Level, as applicable to the position/location requirements.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record as pertinent to the position.
- US Citizenship
- Food service experience on a government contract
This is a union position.
Primary Location: US-Nevada
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: NEV10009
Req ID: NEV10009