Wolf Creek Federal Services Food Services Manager in Nevada
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
Responsible for the management of food services operations, including the cafeteria(s) and special food services in compliance with government, corporate, and management directives. Confers with supervisory personnel in formulating administrative and operational policies and procedures. Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of operations department to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the administrative and programmatic activities of the food services department.
- Directs and manages the culinary staff, including disciplinary action, makes hiring/termination decisions with concurrence from corporate management and HR department.
- Manages employee time, approves staff leave and approves hours worked. Approves work schedules.
- Provides the Project Manager a departmental budget semi-annually; monitor and control expenditures.
- Responsible for food product accountability, including ordering, storage, rotation and quality.
- Performs various financial activities such as cash handling, deposit preparation
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting food services.
- Ensure appetizing, nutritious, and realistically proportioned meals in a clean, comfortable environment.
- Ensure quality of production and food purchase requirements. Maintain cost control to stay within budget limitation.
- Develop a quality control program that includes statement of work compliance and customer feed-back
- Conduct inspections of food service areas, including but not limited to Safety, timeliness, personnel performance, product quality, and cleanliness.
- Promotes corporate safety culture. Reports, inspects, reviews and processs accident/injury reports for job related injuries. Identify unsafe practices and develop corrective measures to minimize risk and lost time accidents in accordance with corporate and government regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
- Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Training in food preparation and 8-years food services experience.
- Three (3) year in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be able to obtain Serv-Safe certificate within 180 days of employment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI); or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level or Top Secret Level, as applicable to the position/location requirements.
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Ability to obtain & maintain valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- US Citizenship
- Associates degree
- Current certified Food Protection Manager from the Conference for Food Protection (CFP)
- Previous military experience or work on a military installation
- Experience managing a kitchen in an industrial food production environment
- Experience working in a remote location.
- Current Secret security clearance.
Primary Location: US-Nevada
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: NEV10018
Req ID: NEV10018