Wolf Creek Federal Services Food Services Supervisor in Nevada
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Responsible for the supervision of all food service workers. Oversees the day to day activities, develops work schedules and assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations. Assists FS Manager in ordering, receiving, shipping, accounting, food inventory, rotation and quality control in the food service dining facility arena.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of shift or day
- Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, small-ware, and report shortages to Food Service Manager.
- Fills our Purchase Requisition for supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements. Conduct inspections of food service areas, including but not limited to Safety, timeliness, personnel performance, product quality, and cleanliness.
- Promotes corporate safety culture. Reports, inspects, reviews and process accident/injury reports for job related injuries. Identify unsafe practices and develop corrective measures to minimize risk and lost time accidents in accordance with corporate and government regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
- Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of food services experience.
- Two (2) year in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be able to obtain Serv-Safe certificate within 180 days of employment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI); or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level or Top Secret Level, as applicable to the position/location requirements.
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Ability to obtain & maintain valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Nevada Food Handlers certificate
- US Citizenship
- Associates degree
- Previous military experience or work on a military installation
- Experience working in a kitchen in an industrial food production environment
- Current Secret security clearance.
Primary Location: US-Nevada
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: NEV10016
Req ID: NEV10016