Bristol Myers Squibb Regional Lead Global Logistics Americas in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Title: Regional Lead Global Logistics Americas
Location: NA-US-NJ-New Brunswick
Job Number: 1702141
Scope of the role:
As a member of the Global Logistics Leadership team, provide the regional strategic and operational focal point for all Logistics matters in North and South America. Supported by the Logistics Services Lead, In-market Distribution Lead, US Distribution Center Lead, and in alignment with Customs & Trade Specialists, this role is positioned to act as the Logistics advocate for the Americas region towards Commercial, Manufacturing Sites (internal and external), Quality, Legal, Procurement, Packaging Technology, Regulatory, and Finance organizations.
• Accountable for all Logistics functions and activities in North and South America, and for the strategies of BMS Logistics more generally as part of the Global Logistics Leadership team.
• Leads the organization in charge of in-market DCs/Hubs activities and regional transportation to optimize Logistics services and costs
• Create, establish and embed into BMS Logistics a consistent, reliable, mutually-rewarding knowledge and communication process with the Commercial Business Unit Leaders and as appropriate key Customers in the Americas
• Continuously positions Logistics as a driver for competitive advantages in the marketplace through early involvement in the development of the New Products or changes in Commercial or Regulatory Strategies
• Influences and collaborates with Commercial, Marketing, Access, GMs, TPM’s, Plant Sites, Regional Logistics colleagues, Quality, Security, WWPT, External partners and many others in the effective and efficient deployment of logistics solutions
• Manage key supplier relationships in order to integrate and expand country or region-based best practices
• Perform benchmarking with biopharma, pharma and non-pharma companies to gain access to the latest market innovations for applicability to BMS portfolio
• Ensures appropriate coordination of in-market distribution, in-market logistics services, plant to market, and regional logistics roles for a robust implementation of directives and models in the market operations
• Provides Oversight/Management of all exchanges with our BMS partners in Americas with relation with logistical services
• In collaboration with functional logistics leaders, develop and harmonize end-to-end processes and tools supporting the Global Logistics continuous learning and timely integration of the commercial needs into the BMS Logistics Strategy
• Use Voice of the Customer feedback framework, working with other regional logistics leaders, to set up a monthly customer experience dashboard to be reviewed during the regional S&OP process
Professional experience and qualifications:
• Travel flexibility required
• Advanced degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics and/or MBA strongly preferred.
• Executive development programs in Leadership, Change Management, Influencing and Communication highly recommended.
• 10 years of Supply Chain, Logistics, or comparable experience required. 7 years should be in positions of management
• Extensive management of external partners preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, especially in building highly effective, world class, global cross-functional teams.
• Must have excellent communication skills and foster open communication within the organization: particular focus on team collaboration and knowledge sharing
• Significant knowledge and best practice experience working with strategic logistical service providers for global logistics solutions, especially in the field of transportation or network optimization, setting the customer at the center of the processes
• Required to have good knowledge of medicinal products for human use GDP and of the EU Directives on the wholesale distribution of medicinal products for Human use
Additional professional and personal requirements include:
• Business Acumen: Has a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the industry/organization. Persuades others with fact-based judgments of the business situation.
• Setting Strategy: Makes decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g., quality, cost, risk, short-term v. long-term impact, etc.). Sets a clear direction for others in times of uncertainty and change. Constructively challenges the conventional wisdom or accepted ways of doing things.
• Executing for Results: Maintains high standards of performance for himself/herself and others, and follows through on commitments. Demonstrates integrity, and sticks to core values and principles. Takes the long view, and when faced with challenging obstacles, persists over a significant period of time to achieve his/her agenda. Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required and a number of possible alternatives are available.
• Leading Teams: Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics to drive the business. Forges strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents. Includes direct reports and key stakeholders in setting goals, developing plans and making decisions to build commitment and create alignment. Is a strong mentor and builds organizations of effective leaders.
• Building Relationships and Using Influence: Establishes credibility and earns respect with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives, manufacturing and other functional leaders, regulatory professionals, contractors and other partners. Is highly articulate, and makes arguments in a clear and compelling manner. Is able to “get things done” without compromising principles. Has excellent negotiating skills, and achieves win-win outcomes in difficult situations.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job: Logistics Mgmt