G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. Custom Protection Officer (New Orleans, LA) in New Orleans, Louisiana
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Custom Protection Officer. As a Custom Protection Officer, you will conduct unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol of a specified area including city streets and interior and/or exterior of client facility, control access and egress, monitor alarm systems and CCTVs. The Custom Protection Officer will deter criminal activity and misconduct. Compose reports and performing other duties as specified in post orders.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sounds alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Monitor control room for activity
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering and any other violation.
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities; maintain written logs as required by the post
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitor entrances and exits
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to successfully complete all training required for the position
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: *Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat *
Major activity: *Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing *
*Physical efforts to carry out job duties: *Standing, lifting, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace*
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
Job Reference: SS48147
Number of Positions: 5
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £0 - £0
Location: New Orleans
G4S Region: Americas
Country: United States
G4S Business Unit: Secure Solutions
Closing Date: February 11, 2017