FleishmanHillard Account Executive Corporate Practice, New York in New York, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an Account Executive to join its corporate practice group in New York. The role requires a background in public relations – writing, media relations, pitching, and client service. The right candidate will have experience gathering information from numerous sources, possess an understanding of the media and where the client fits in to current trends and stories, develop media plans and pitch ideas, and build relationships with top-tier business press. Ideally, this individual will possess experience pitching legal media or business media on legal issues.
- Working collaboratively and productively with team, supporting mid and senior-level members
- Utilizing excellent writing skills in development of press kits, pitches, announcements, and other materials
- Contribute to the development and growth of close working relationships with relevant trade and national media
- Conduct research and assist with media outreach to secure top media coverage for clients
- Interacting with clients to understand needs and contribute to the development of plans to execute these requests
- 2+ years of PR experience in the corporate communications and/or legal industry space
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proactive, engaging personality who can work well within a team environment and across all levels of client and firm management; show initiative, produce results
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments
- Strong sense of client service and urgency; desire to learn, contribute and operate in fast-paced environment
- The ideal candidate will
- Be detail-oriented, highly organized and focused
- Possess a passion for corporate communications and media relations
- Have an awareness and interest in developments in the financial services sector
- Effectively and professionally communicate to clients and team members
- Work as a team player in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Display excellence in all basic account skills, including flawless media monitoring, preparation and merchandizing of clips, research skills on technology applications such as Factiva, CisionPoint, etc.
- Social media and blogger relation experience strongly preferred
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of DAS, and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.