Citi Citi Markets & SS Americas in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17065838
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong & consistent global control environment, the Markets & Securities Services business is enhancing the Business Control and Supervision (BCS) function. This role is reporting to a BCS Director, to support the Markets Business with its on-going efforts to adhere to the conduct risk controls framework established as part of the FX Consent Orders. The role will work with various teams across first and second lines of defence functions, as well as Internal Audit to ensure a coherent and sustainable controls framework is being maintained.
The role is new and responsibilities and priorities are evolving. The following are some of the specific activities expected of this role:
• Ongoing maintenance and evolution of the Markets Conduct Controls Framework and Markets Conduct Controls Dashboard.
• Secretary for the Markets Conduct Controls Committee.
• Chair and participate to other relevant committees and working groups across first and second lines of defense, at the markets and enterprise wide level.
• Responsible for the effective monitoring of controls related to conduct risk and management reporting.
• Project manage and execute on key projects for the implementation and monitoring of these controls and ensure sustainability.
• Interact with Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives and investigate control failures related to conduct risk.
• Interact with Regulators when needed and support specific exams related to conduct or similar requirements.
• Drive communication and training, in collaboration with business and compliance around conduct risk.
• Experience is designing or assessing controls for Front office, Middle office or Operations.
• Experience in delivering change-related projects
• Undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Very strong influence management and relationship skills
• Leadership skills in bringing together processes that include different businesses, regions and support functions.
• Demonstrated strong business maturity in past roles
• Excellent communicator - internal and external
• Global mindset, with regional/product understanding
• Strong Financial skills, analytical skills & strategic planning skills
• Experience in dealing with Regulatory authorities and an understanding of the key control related themes in the capital markets sector.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding Markets products & services, and trading systems and controls.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent reviews.