FleishmanHillard Human Resources & Recruitment Intern (full time), New York in New York, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The Power of True reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard’s East region, which includes offices in New York and Boston, has an immediate opening an HR/Recruiting Intern to join our dynamic Talent Development team. The internship is located in New York and provides a fantastic opportunity for a motivated self-starter to work on HR and recruitment-related projects in a fast-paced, professional services environment.
- Assist the East Business Partner and East Recruiting lead on a variety of HR projects, including candidate sourcing and scheduling, employee engagement programs, learning and development coordination, and general HR support.
- Participate in various parts of the recruitment lifecycle including: developing and executing appropriate candidate sourcing strategies, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting basic phone screens and reference checks.
- Manage and update recruitment database, and post and manage open positions.
- Utilize various social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter to identify local and international candidates in the areas of public relations, digital communications, social media, design, and many more.
- Work on candidate sourcing processes that encourage and support diversity and inclusion.
- Conduct research for various HR and recruiting projects; conduct competitive research when appropriate
Our ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented problem-solver with strong research, communication, organizational, and analytical skills. In addition we are seeking:
- Strong writing and editing abilities, with a high attention to detail.
- Proven research abilities, with the ability to utilize the internet and various social media sites to find necessary information. Knowledge of Boolean search is a plus.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile on projects.
- Candidates should have a high interest in both Human Resources and Recruiting.
- Deep experience with all Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel and Word)
- Recent graduates, graduate students, and students entering into their senior year are preferred.
- Candidate should be able to work 25 hours per week, although full-time is preferred.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. ( www.omnicomgroup.com ) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.