Hilton Senior Training Manager - New York Hilton Midtown in New York, New York
Set in Midtown Manhattan, this contemporary convention hotel is a 2-minute walk from The Museum of Modern Art and a 10-minute walk from Times Square.
All rooms offer sophisticated decor and custom-designed beds, plus marble bathrooms, flat-screen TVs and WiFi (fee). Executive rooms provide free WiFi and access to the Executive Lounge's free breakfast and evening appetizers. Suites add separate sitting areas.
Amenities include a buffet breakfast (surcharge), a modern restaurant and 3 chic bars, including a bar featuring ice sculptures. There's also a sky-lit fitness center, a business center and over 151,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Training Manager, you would be responsible for overseeing and managing training initiatives and related programming in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop, plan, coordinate and implement training programs in accordance with current standards including, but not limited to, general customer service training; customer service communication skills; customer service recovery skills; leadership skills; harassment-free workplace, new team member orientation, departmental training, communication, and train-the-trainer training.
- Plan and conduct meetings with department managers, trainers and team members to review performance trends, to develop action plans and to recognize achievement
- Review, analyze and assess hotel training initiatives and programs and develop or research training solutions to make recommendations to address specific hotel needs
- Track, input, maintain and audit all individual team member training records utilizing designated systems and programs
- Oversee and monitor all departmental training programs including, but not limited to alcohol awareness, food safety, job skills checklist, educational assistance, etc.
- Develop and distribute the monthly and annual training calendar, compile and distribute periodic reports and measurements related to training activity and return on investment
- Practical knowledge and application of various methods used to conduct needs analysis.
- Ability to observe employees in the work place, analyze operation and detect issues of concern with regard to areas such as employee performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Human Resources
Title: Senior Training Manager - New York Hilton Midtown
Requisition ID: HOT043C3