Duke Realty Administrative Assistant-Risk Management in Norcross, Georgia
Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with industrial, and medical office properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to support our Risk Management team in our Atlanta, GA office. This role presents a unique opportunity to be part of a corporate risk management department. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Supports the AVP, Risk Management in general administrative tasks and the insurance renewal process by gathering all required submission information from various departments.
• Coordinate/maintain Manager’s schedule; coordinate meeting locations, catering arrangements, travel arrangements, etc. as required.
• Prepare content materials needed by Manager for meetings.
• Serve as a liaison between Manager and company personnel, management, vendors and clients; communicate using appropriate tact and discretion.
• Assists the Claims Manager with general claims handing tasks, which include claims reporting, verification of claim closings for monthly captive billing, weekly claim summaries, claims data analysis, liaising with accounting on the set-up of claim related job-codes and resolution of open claim receivables.
• Assist with the handling of Certificate of Insurance tracking and compliance for all vendors (Property Management and Construction). Proactively monitor and support Lender insurance compliance.
• Maintains record for the Bloodborne Pathogen Program, which primarily includes tracking of medical testing and training for program compliance.
• Supports the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Program which includes maintaining drug test supplies, tracking drug testing results, and liaising with the Third Party Administrator and our preferred providers.
• Supports the annual property engineering survey process, which includes scheduling surveys, compiling, analyzing and tracking survey results and assisting with satisfying survey recommendations to ensure loss control compliance.
• Assist the Risk Analyst with the updating and maintenance of the property statement of values (SOV).
• Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Written/Verbal Communic. (Novice)
Time Management (Novice)
Excel Software (Novice)
High School Diploma
2 years: Administrative Experience Required
Experience in and/or supporting risk management functions/teams highly desired