PDS Tech Inc Production Worker in North Charleston, South Carolina
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a candidate for the Production Worker position located in North Charleston, SC.
• Clean and pin forms
• Move racks through production process including in/out of autoclave and to/from dry room
• Strip/remove gloves from forms; invert gloves
• Cut/roll bead on gloves in accordance with specification; apply patches, complete data on dip cards - OR –
• Chlorinate and dry gloves.
• Operate dip machine in sequence as specified by dip card; tend rack; monitor product closely for potential defects
• Verify dip card against rack for accuracy; call racks in and out of dip room; maintain dry room and insure racks re-enter dip room as specified by dip card.
• Pin forms at the rate of 40 minutes per double rack, wash forms and place in dry oven at the rate of 30 minutes per single rack, clean glove forms to minimize foreign matter and form breakage, remove gloves from forms/strip at a minimum rate of 2 racks per hour, must have ability to roll 4 racks (including contour) per shift.
• HS Diploma or GED
• Minimum of one year manufacturing experience (military experience may be substituted for manufacturing experience)
• Able to wear a respirator ( half and full mask)
• Experience in lean manufacturing/six sigma
All duties must be performed in a manner to prevent product defects. Quality standard for rolling is 4% per rack (5 gloves/rack). Roller defects include air pockets, physical damage, bad rolls, loose patches, crooked patched, poor quality or incorrect ink stamps, and/or incorrect length. Standards for the dip room operation include ability to dip 233 per shift. Other duties as assigned.
Moderate or heavy physical effort or mental-visual concentration on a regular basis. Moving racks along rail systems requires 45 pounds of push force. Must lift/transport minimum of 35 pounds. Pinning forms, stripping gloves and rolling glove bead requires repetitive handling of 6 pound forms approximately 800 times. Required to stand approximately 90% in performance of duties. Must have ability to work 12 hour shift and certified to wear a respirator. Must be able to communicate effectively.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
Immediate 401(k) eligibility
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, check out http://www.pdstech.com/
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details
To find a recruiter near you, look at our Branch Locator. at http://www.pdstech.com/pds_locations.htm