Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number 13-0004
Post Date 1/8/2013
Title Bridge Engineer
Location North Ferrisburgh, VT
VHB’s North Ferrisburgh, VT Office is seeking an experienced Bridge Engineer to assist leading a team of civil engineers and technicians supporting various state, municipal, federal and commercial civil/transportation infrastructure design projects. This position will require effective client development and project management skills to support and expand an established transportation engineering design practice. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer with experience and existing relationships within the state and municipal transportation markets. The position will require working closely with a team of other professionals in our eight New England offices. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills, a high energy level, and a desire to grow the practice and mentor staff.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity with a successful, generational company, please apply on-line with your cover letter, resume and transcript. Please articulate in your cover letter why you would be a successful candidate as defined below.
· Lead and mentor a group of engineering professionals responsible for the execution of bridge design projects for various clients.
· Provide technical expertise and project management in bridge design.
· Support established Alternative Project Delivery group (Design-Build, Construction Management/General Contractor, and Public/Private Partnerships).
· Design transportation improvements for bridge and roadway projects
· Implement existing knowledge of VT environmental permitting and regulatory processes.
· 8-12 years’ experience in bridge design
· BS Degree in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis preferred)
· Familiarity with structural bridge analysis and design software
· Licensed Professional Engineer in Vermont
· Experience in the Vermont and New England markets preferred with strong client relationships and established reputation in design
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Please submit applications online. For questions about this position, please contact Jennifer Marquis firstname.lastname@example.org
Consistently ranked by CE News as one of the Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For,” VHB is an 850 person firm that provides comprehensive, integrated transportation, land development and environmental services from offices throughout the east coast.
VHB is committed to providing a challenging, fun and rewarding work environment. Our staff enjoys opportunities to grow professionally and work on interesting projects. Our dynamic, people-centric organization focuses on our culture of collaboration, personal development, and developing lasting relationships both inside and outside of our firm.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.