Black & Veatch Chief Engineer/ Technical Director in North West, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Chief Engineer/ Technical Director
United Kingdom-North West, United Kingdom-Scotland, United Kingdom-South East
Manage and act as business and technical lead for: feasibility studies, design, specification and implementation of biomass, biogas, biofuels & waste-to-energy renewable energy projects. Lead various marketing and tender initiatives. Manage department resource allocation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
A minimum of 10 years work experience is essential, with at least 5 years in renewable energy (biomass, biogas, biofuels, waste-to-energy) projects, as described under ‘principal purpose’ above. Required to have experience in most of the following areas:
Consulting/contracting on renewable energy projects for major UK clients.
Preparation of plant specifications and contract implementation through to completion.
Plant installation, commissioning, and testing.
Highly desirable to have experience in most of the following areas:
Combustion systems, including high and low pressure boilers.
Pyrolysis and gasification.
Prime movers: gas turbines, steam turbines, gas engines.
Degree in Engineering or a related subject, with a professional qualification such as Chartered Engineer. Ideally, in addition, an MSc or equivalent in Renewable Energy, or related subject. Potentially also with a qualification in management. Proven interest in working in the renewables sector long-term.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• English as a first language / completely fluent speaker/writer.
• Commercial awareness.
• Experience of project and people/contract management activities.
• Well developed technical skills and experience.
• Numerate and well developed MS Excel skills.
• Well developed report writing and reviewing skills, using MS Word.
• Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results.
• Prioritising, planning, and organising own workload and team members.
• Accountability, including level of self-motivation and ambition and developing in others.
• Understanding client’s needs, and business development experience.
• Communication and team-working skills and sharing / using best practice information.
• Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general.
• Willingness to be adaptable, work flexibly.
• Effectively manage several renewable energy projects concurrently to time and budget constraints (involving management of c. 5-10 staff to deliver these projects).
• Manage department resources.
• To lead and manage various business development activities/ tender initiatives.
• To lead on managing the relationship with key clients.
• To contribute to expanding the client base.
• Technical leadership for feasibility studies.
• Technical leadership for design and specification of renewable energy projects.
• To work alongside other professionals in multi disciplinary teams.
• To prepare technical and non technical reports.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.