SoSi Acquistion Specialist in Northern Virginia, Virginia
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-160907-4622: Acquistion Specialist
Job Category Procurement
Duty Location U.S. - Virginia - Northern Virginia
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 1-160907-4622
New World Solutions, an SOS International LLC (SOSi) company, is seeking an Acquisition Specialist to support a program that delivers procurement services to advance the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG). The program is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of NSG’s highest priorities.
Overall Assignment Description:
• Provides strategic acquisition and operational advice to the Government Program Manager.
• Represents PM in planning and technical exchanges between prime contractor, segments,
projects and customers.
• Coordinates and accomplishes system oriented tasks relating to engineering, security, testing,
integration, transition, deployment, operations and sustainment.
• Provide technical assessment and coordination services.
• Evaluate Agency requirements, capability deployment and operations integration through
review of design and programmatic documentation and milestone and readiness reviews to
manage cost, schedule and performance.
• Provide CM support for the review of NGA RFCs and ECPs submitting recommendations.
• Participation in technical reviews, program reviews, and milestone reviews.
• Review products and artifacts and provide feedback to the Program Office and contractor.
• Attend and participate in ERBs and IPTs.
• Review test procedures and serve as a witness to test events.
• TS/SCI Clearance (with current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
• Customer-service and goal oriented
• Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing
• Ability to identify technical issues and communicate impacts to the Government points of
• 5 years of Project management experience in terms of cost, schedule, performance, and risk
• Experience in transitioning systems from development though operational installation and
transition to Operations & Sustainment
• Desired: demonstrated understanding of the geospatial intelligence mission and its
contributions to the Intelligence Community
• B.S. Degree in any field
Desired: B.S. Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related
• Desired: understanding of the DoD or IC Acquisition processes.
• Desired: understanding of DoD or IC CM processes.
• Desired: experience with data center program management.
• Working conditions as normal for an office environment