SoSi Financial Analyst in Northern Virginia, Virginia
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-160921-4651: Financial Analyst
Job Category Finance
Duty Location U.S. - Virginia - Northern Virginia
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 1-160921-4651
New World Solutions, an SOS International LLC (SOSi) company, is seeking a Financial Analyst to support a program that delivers services to the National Geospatial Agency (NGA). This position assists the government with budget analysis and management of financial operations. Duties include:
•Support internal NGA program build activities, analysis, events, and documentation packages as designated by government leads. This includes, but is not limited to:
oGathering, maintaining, reviewing, and analyzing program and budget data; and o Developing and promulgating KC responsibilities associated with NGA’s internal guidance packages as appropriate.
•Support expertise pertaining to the development and publication of the IPBS/CBJB, IPBR/CJB, and President’s Budget exhibits. This includes all associated documentation, materials, and briefings.
•Support the development and preparation of the budget Congressional testimony, briefing materials, and responses to questions for the record, request for information, and various inquiries.
•Support the development of various NGA briefing materials and responses to questions, request for information, and various inquiries from ODNI, OSD and OMB.
•Exercise a solid working knowledge and capability in the use of various spreadsheet, database, and Microsoft PowerPoint software.
•Build, monitor, and maintain detailed databases (MS Excel and/or Access) of financial records or other types of budget data.
- TS/SCI Clearance (with current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- Required Bachelor’s degree in a business field or equivalent experience
- Required minimum of six (6) years of specialized experience and eight (8) years of generalized experience
- Customer-service and goal oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Required ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Required experience with DoD or other Government agency budgetary processes and execution
- Required ability to analyze and interpret complex budget and execution data
- Required understanding of DoD or other Government Agency key budget execution processes including: funds control, fund transfers, travel orders, and credit card purchases
- Required understanding of fund execution policies for principal DoD appropriations (ex. O&M, RDT&E, and Procurement)
- Required understanding of the role of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) in controlling and executing funds for a Service major command or a Defense Agency
•Desired experience in U.S. Intelligence Funding Programs
•Desired knowledge of DoD and Intelligence Community programs and budgets
•Desired experience justifying/defending programs and budgets
•Desired experience resolving resource management issues
•Desired: demonstrated understanding of the geospatial intelligence mission and itscontributions to the Intelligence Community
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
• Expected to work late and weekend hours as necessary
• Ability to lift and/or move objects and packages of up to 25 lbs