Duke Realty Superintendent-Commercial Construction in Oak Brook, Illinois
Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with industrial and medical properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for a Superintendent to join our construction team in our Chicago, IL office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Overall management of field operations on assigned projects, including the direction, coordination, and scheduling of contractors; monitoring project progress and material orders as well as quality control inspections.
• Establish & maintain good relations with Owner and Owner's representatives. Proactively communicate deadlines, expectations and critical issues with the company’s clients, and have a clear understanding of the contractual obligations between Duke Realty and the Client.
• Establish quality control on the project. At the outset of the project, develop and implement a project specific plan which focuses on Quality Assurance and Quality Control. Establish an environment of QA/QC through proactive management of preparatory meetings prior to the installation of any major components of work.
• Responsible for the review and filing of all project documents (drawings, permits, specifications, contracts/subcontracts, purchase orders, shop drawing, etc.)
• Review and comply with company Safety Policies and enforce jobsite safety.
• Assist Project Manager in coordination with Property Manager/Owner Representative in pursuing and completing all initial warranty work.
• Be familiar and understand LEED requirements for the project, if applicable. This would include a focus on operational aspects of the project LEED strategies (i.e. recycling). Have a ready knowledge of LEED strategies to ensure compliance with all LEED credits.
• Collaborate with the Project Manager on the creation and execution of a project specific Project Close-out Plan.
• May perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity, a competitive Per Diem package for travel, a $5,000 Sign-On bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Read Blue Prints (Novice)
5 years: Experience as construction superintendent
Experience working for general contractor and/or commercial developer strongly desired