Scholastic Book Fairs FT Cherry Picker/Forklift Operator: Noon to 8:30pm M-F (Odenton MD) in Odenton, Maryland
Associates with the title of Power Equipment Operator must demonstrate proficiency and meet all productivity and quality requirements of the following duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate battery-operated and/or gas-powered equipment, (other than motorized pallet jacks), for the purpose of transporting product to and from inventory storage locations within the facility. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, Forklifts, Stockpickers, Wave Work-Assist vehicles, Sit-Down and Stand-Up Counterbalanced trucks, Reach trucks, etc.
- Must follow all power equipment rules and regulations, including any regulatory agency policies, to include OSHA.
- Must use all personal protective safety equipment, including lanyards and harnesses to be worn at all times when operation order/stock pickers.
- Must follow all facility safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to performall scanner functions necessary for the position, including cycle-counts,replenishment, item inquiry, inventory putaway, etc.
- Ensure all product is stacked neatly and safely when moved via power equipment and when stored in rack or staging locations
- Maintain accuracy of all inventory movement at all times.
- Inspect and perform or assist in equipment maintenance as required; report any unsafe conditions to management.
- Responsible for the careful handling of all merchandise, avoiding damage, bending or tearing.
- Participate in Physical Inventory and CustomerAppreciation Warehouse Sale events.
- Consistently meet minimum required production, accuracy or quality standards for the work performed.
- When necessary, assist in the processing of returned book fairs, by unpacking metal cases, boxes, and displays with book and non-book product, according to corporate process and procedure and meeting productivity and quality standards.
- When necessary, assist in the picking and packing of customer reorders
- Ensure that your work area is neat,clean, safe, and organized at all times.
- Individually,and in partnership with other co-workers, perform seasonal inventory production-line resets.
- When applicable, assist in the loading and unloading of trucks. The loading and unloading of trucks may or may not require the assistance of mechanical devices.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment and tools are properly utilized to increase productivity, efficiency, and safety; report any unsafe conditions, damaged equipment or injury (to self or co-worker) to your supervisor or manager immediately.
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling heavy objects.
- Accurately and timely complete Labor Data Collection Cards to according to company standards.
- Maintain attendance and punctuality as required by assigned work schedule and within company standards.
- Maintain a courteous and positive relationship with all co-workers and customers.
- Drug and alcohol free policy compliance.
- Any and all additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Must be trained and licensed to operate power equipment
- For non-internal promotions, candidates must have a minimum 1 year power equipment operation experience.
- Requires satisfactory completion of a forklift training program.
- Ability to demonstrate basic product scanner proficiency (i.e., ordering replenishment) effectively with minimal errors.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read documents in English, such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Mustbe at least 18 years of age.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift boxes that weigh up to 50 lbs occasionally on a daily basis
- Must be able to stand, reach above and below the shoulders, squat, bend and kneel as necessary to perform the job
- Must be able to tolerate work in a non-air conditioned environment
- Must be able to successfully complete the training required and become certified to operate the powered industrial equipment the operator is assigned to use as well as maintain their certification on that same equipment.
- Must be drug free and participate in and pass the initial drug screen as well as all future random drug screens.
- Must be able to correctly wear any personal protective equipment (PPE) necessary to perform any task requiring the wearing PPE.
Title: FT Cherry Picker/Forklift Operator: Noon to 8:30pm M-F (Odenton MD)
Requisition ID: K0200163