Washington State DSHS Human Resources Consultant 3 / Children's Administration in Olympia, Washington
DSHS Human Resource Consultant 3 / Children's Administration
Want the best of both worlds? Join a team that will utilize your expertise and develop you for your next role. This action packed crew is seeking someone who thrives on delivering quality customer service and who excels at communicating.
Some of what you'll be doing
- Provide creative and responsive guidance to customers (appointing authorities, managers, supervisors, HR practitioners, etc.) on complex interpretation and application of Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA's), Revised Code of Washington (RCW), Washington Administrative Codes (WAC's), DSHS Administrative Policies, and other agency guidelines regarding human resource issues.
- Provide high-quality counseling/coaching to managers and supervisors regarding performance management; just cause principals; internal investigations, disciplinary actions; grievance process; conflict resolution; classification and compensation; diversity issues; harassment prevention, layoff process; reasonable accommodation; Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA); and other forms of leave.
- Compose various correspondence including written reprimands, notice of intent/discipline letters, separation letters, and other personnel-related correspondence on behalf of appointing authorities.
- Participate in arbitration hearing preparations.
- Provide training on a variety of employee related areas.
Who should apply? Professionals who have a Bachelor's degree with focus on business, human resources, social or organizational behavioral sciences, or related field
AND two (2) years of professional human resource experience
Additional professional level human resource experience may substitute, year for year, for required education.
Completed applications will include a letter of interest describing your experience related to this job and a current chronological resume.
What we're looking for
- Ability to independently critically analyze problems/data, and develop viable solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, both orally and in writing, in a manner that is professional, understandable, persuasive, and appropriate for the audience. Demonstrate crucial conversation skills. Capable of developing and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide variety of individuals at all levels and facilitate conflict resolution. Facilitate conflict resolution. Foster effective working relationships.
- Detailed, working knowledge of HR-related WACs, RCWs, Federal Laws, DSHS/Program policies and procedures, and CBAs.
- Experience in planning, designing and leading major investigations of complex employee issues, and manage preparation of investigation reports, exhibits and witness statements.
- Ability to produce well-written, complex pre-disciplinary and disciplinary letters, narrative and statistical reports, and training presentations.
For questions about this announcement, contact Ben Lloyd at (360) 972-6854.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09996 WN98
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $46,884.00 - $61,512.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA