Washington State Facilities Planner 2 / Internal Only in Olympia, Washington
The Department of Enterprise Services (DES) delivers high quality, cost-effective support services to state government.
Enterprise Services features expertise in contract management, human resources and employee training, public works project management, and the care and stewardship of the State Capitol grounds and buildings.
The department's goal in every transaction is to deliver innovative, responsive, cost-effective and integrated solutions and services to meet the diverse needs of our customers.
LEAN CULTURE: DES is on the leading edge in adapting Lean principles and methods to state government. We are fully committed to continuous process improvement and invite you to join our team. Once on board, you will become an integral part of our journey to transform DES into a world class, customer focused organization. To learn more about DES Lean culture, visit Lean Culture at DES.
As the Facilities Planner 2 you will be managing staff assigned to the Internal Facilities section within the Real Estate Services Division. The Internal Facilities group provides essential support services to all of DES and WaTech (under a service level agreement); including office supplies procurement services, print and copy equipment management, mail services, physical safety and security, moving staff, managing a small fleet of state cars and vans, and emergency preparedness.
In this position, you will be required to have a knowledge of facilities utilization, understanding of working drawings and contracts, real estate property procedures and records, and strong visual and communications techniques. The position will have some experience with IBM Tririga to upload documents and drawings, and enter and track projects.
Some of what you will enjoy doing include:
- Assign duties and tasks to support DES and WaTech staff and maintain optimal performance in executing tasks.
- Supervise staff in the support of agency space planning, project coordination and implementation.
- Approve building access requests in coordination with Wright Runstad and company and DES Security and Access Systems.
- Manage 1500 Jefferson vehicle fleet pool with scheduling assistance to staff, vehicle maintenance, and monthly usage reporting.
- Agency liaison to the Property Management Office (Wright Runstad)
- Prepare and review of unit operating budget.
- Prepare position descriptions, sets staff expectations, and perform evaluations.
- Participate in Real Estate Services Division strategic planning efforts. Ensure relevance of strategic goals.
- Review and approval authority of Internal Facilities staff leave requests
- Maintain accuracy of building drawings, and provide information to other divisions and units as needed.
- Plan for and coordinate the implementation of approved space plan modifications.
- Engage all levels of DES and WaTech management and staff to plan and adapt work spaces to meet changing program needs.
- Schedule and coordinate office and staff moves, and incorporate the needed material resources into the project.
- Monitor and control the efforts of consulting firms, vendors or contractors retained by the state for various space planning projects.
- Centralize the management of multi-function devices for the agency, and lead the agency effort toward Managed Print Services.
- Use various Microsoft products to prepare working drawings, plans, diagrams, spreadsheets and comprehensive reports that support the projects.
- Supervise staff in the Shipping/Receiving area, where staff 1) receive packages and shipments at the building's loading dock, and distribute to customers in the 1500 Jefferson building; 2) prepare packages and surplus inventory for transport to other locations outside the 1500 Jefferson building; 3) receive bids from vendors for various divisions in the 1500 Jefferson building.
- Coordinate shipping of surplus equipment to the Materials Management Center
- Lead the continuous process improvement and Lean efforts within the unit. Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree involving major study in business or public administration, engineering, architecture, planning, property or land management, or closely allied field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in state government facilities planning and operations work or in related fields in private industry.
- Qualifying facilities experience may substitute for year for year education.
- Proficiency in Visio, Microsoft products: Word, Access, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint, etc. PREFERRED/DESIRED:
Experience using IBM Tririga. Supplemental Information
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers. READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY:
The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "duties summary" section of your application in Careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted, and the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "duties summary" section of the application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire regarding work experience must be reflected in the "duties summary" section of the application.
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed. Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or firstname.lastname@example.org and use reference number: FAC-016
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access theWashington Relay Service.
Job Type: Agency Internal Promotional – Permanent
Job Number: 2016-FAC-016
Department: Dept. of Enterprise Services
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,762.00 - $6,247.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA