Washington State Fiscal Analyst 2 - SAFS/AP in Olympia, Washington
Fiscal Analyst 2 Olympia
Here at the Department of Enterprise Services (DES), our mission is to implement a world-class, customer-focused organization that provides valued products and services to government and state residents. Our goal in every transaction is to deliver smart business solutions and services that meet the needs of those we serve.
Within DES, the Finance Division offers a full line of financial services to both DES employees and small agency customers. Providing this type of support allows agencies to more appropriately focus their vital resources and energy towards fulfilling the vision and mission of their agency. We have a deep understanding of financial best practices and regulatory requirements and are committed to providing efficient, centrally located accounting, budgeting, and payroll services.
As the Fiscal Analyst 2, you'll have the exciting opportunity to perform a variety of complex financial analysis of accounting and fiscal data. Your attention to detail will be critical in interpreting and applying OFM guidelines and regulations while performing accounts payable fiscal duties. We invite you to bring your unique skills and talents to the team by applying now!
LEAN CULTURE: DES is on the leading edge in adapting Lean principles and methods to state government. We are fully committed to continuous process improvement and invite you to join our team. Once on board, you will become an integral part of our journey to transform DES into a world class, customer focused organization. To learn more about DES Lean culture, visit Lean Culture at DES. Duties
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
- Processing accounts payable transactions and complex financial transactions for a variety of our small agency clients.
- Analyzing payables transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with all related state and federal requirements, as well as any policies unique to the agency.
- Reconciling accounts payable general ledgers, examining monthly expenditures for accuracy, and reconciling interagency transactions for the annual financial report.
- Determining and filing reports with various government agencies on behalf of our client agencies. These include, but are not limited to, Federal 1099 filing, tax reporting to the Washington State Department of Revenue, and providing unclaimed property and excise tax reports.
- Researching and analyzing fiscal data and recording expenditures; preparing fiscal year and biennial closing entries. Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree, which includes 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in accounting, auditing or budgeting, AND one (1) year of relevant professional experience. * OR*
Any combination of education and relevant professional experience totaling five (5) years. Education must include the required credit hours in accounting, auditing or budgeting. Preferred/Desired:
Two (2) years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Knowledge and experience using the statewide accounting system, Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS).
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), state government accounting rules, and the State Administrative and Accounting Manual (SAAM).
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint.
Ten key by touch. The preferred candidate would also possess the following competencies:
The ability to identify and utilize a variety of mathematical techniques to form conclusions or solve practical problems.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to clearly communicate consistently and diplomatically.
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative environment, considering the effect of financial activity and the impact on Agency financial statements.
- Ability to work with varying work styles, preferences, and temperaments. Supplemental Information
In addition to completing the online application, applicants MUST attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position.
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education.
- A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers.
- A copy of your transcripts, listing your completed courses and credits.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY:
- The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "duties summary" section of your application in Careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted, and the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "duties summary" section of the application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire regarding work experience must be reflected in the "duties summary" section of the application.
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
- Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Enterprise Services, a background check will be conducted. VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
*For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible, *click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8074 or email@example.com.
*The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the *Washington Relay Service.
Salary: $3,062.00 - $4,005.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2017-FIN-020
Department: Dept. of Enterprise Services
Closing: 7/3/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact