Festival Foods Bakery Merchandiser in Onalaska, Wisconsin
On a daily basis works closely with all sales/service clerks’ in an effort to ensure an enjoyable shopping experience is consistently delivered, all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and sales/service clerks’ needs are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures all department standards are being met on the Bakery department sales floor
- Observes sales floor conditions and takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Department Manager and other Bakery associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Ensure everything is fresh and full
- May need to build and/or move displays
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette.
Assists Bakery Clerks with packaging, labeling, filling, rotating, and removing product while leading by example.
Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed.
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
Required to maintain food safety logs
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment.
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler.
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Frequently near moving machinery.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Prolonged exposure to computer monitors.
The Bakery Merchandiser is a part-time hourly position scheduled less than 38 hours per week. The work schedule will generally include mornings, afternoons, and weekends, with the flexibility to work evenings and holidays as needed.
Requisition Number: 16-2212
Post Date: 10/27/2016
Title: Bakery Merchandiser
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 05
Work Hours: 2nd Shift