Festival Foods Deli Clerk in Onalaska, Wisconsin
*Job Title: Deli Clerk *
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Deli Manager
Responsible for working closely with all Deli counter associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals are being obtained, and associates' needs are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Provides customer service to guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for on or off the sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received, if in need further assistance, bring concern to Deli Manager
2) Watches over service case
- Quality control
- Makes sure products are rotated, using first in first out method
- Garnish product
- Makes sure case and everything around it is clean and tidy; no messes or spills
- Be sure to have “New Item” signs and change out signs if things are on sale to the correct price
3) Inventory and Temperatures
- Take temperatures of everything regularly
- Fill cupboards with containers, lids, spoons, tags, etc.
4) Required to maintain food safety logs.
5) Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Full range of upper body motion
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Deli Clerk is a part time hourly position
- The shift to be worked will vary, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays**
Requisition Number: 16-1112
Post Date: 4/28/2017
Title: Deli Clerk
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 04
Work Hours: 1st Shift