Festival Foods IT Infrastructure Manager in Onalaska, Wisconsin
Job Title: Information Technology Infrastructure Manager
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: Information Technology Director
The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for leading the infrastructure team in maintaining a stable, secure and efficient network and systems environment. This position will manage the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and network as well establishing best practice policies and procedures. This position will lead with a hands-on approach in architecture, installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of our standard hardware/software technology. Manage relationships with and serve as a liaison with external technical support and vendors. Must be able to mentor team members with his/her extensive experience in the technology industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Configuring, managing and deploying Windows Server 2012 in a VMware environment and must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of VMware.
Ability to ensure the technical integrity of corporate data by protecting against the loss or misuse or information and designing backup/recovery strategies.
Must have experience with Incident & Problem Management activities, including Escalations, Root Cause Analysis tracking, process improvements of existing support functionality.
Expertise with Networking (TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP.)
Manages changes to server configurations following IT management and security guidelines. Maintains configuration documentation.
Provide support for end user issues and trouble ticket resolution.
Evaluation and analysis of new technologies and vendor products relating to existing and future business requirements.
Architect, Implement and support infrastructure solutions in a team environment.
- Maintain the health of systems by identifying and applying patches and firmware upgrades related to storage, servers, applications, network, virtual environment, and backups systems.
- Document and implement configuration standards for utilization & manageability of datacenter systems.
- Ensure stability of all services by monitoring for trends of issues and growth.
- Interface with other technical staff regarding availability of the infrastructure, health of the hardware, technical considerations for planning and managing hardware replacements.
- Escalation point for operations in the event of issues with the technical design.
- Provide in-depth diagnosis for system software/hardware failures and develops solutions.
- Identify when platform software and OS upgrades are needed; coordinate upgrades to ensure timely scheduling and completion; ensure that appropriate documentation exists prior to implementation.
- Monitor end-user feedback in order to recommend future support and product enhancements.
- Participate in on-call rotation, ensuring proper resolution to escalated issues.
5+ years experience in an IT Infrastructure Manager role
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
10+ years’ experience as a System Administrator and/or Network Engineer in an enterprise environment.
- Must have a strong understanding of monitoring, capacity management and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing large Windows hosted applications and virtualized infrastructures.
- Possess a thorough understanding of monitoring and management systems such as Microsoft SCCM, Solarwinds, and other monitoring platforms.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sitting at a computer 50% of the time
Bending, stretching, and occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. is required
Professional presence and proper phone etiquette is required
The Information Technology Server Administrator is a full-time salaried position. The work schedule will mostly be between 7:30-5:00, Monday-Friday with occasional nights and weekends. The Senior Systems Administrator will be part of a weekly on call rotation.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 22 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries; we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
Requisition Number: 16-1813
Post Date: 10/14/2016
Title: IT Infrastructure Manager
Is Position Part-Time?: No
Work Hours: 1st Shift