Alsco Inc Office Clerk in Orlando, Florida
Description Office Clerk Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The Office Clerk is responsible to the Office Manager for daily processing of company business transactions. This position may be assigned one or more clerical tasks as needed. Some of those tasks may include keypunching for routes, filing, some customer service or a variety of like tasks. Performs other tasks as needed. Essential Functions:
Accurate and timely computer data entry.
Excellent communication skills whether in person or through phone calls.
Participate in office training, cross train in office functions.
Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for reporting
Perform tasks such as reconciliations, daily deposits, Customer master maintenance, daily revenue calculation, daily branch journal, Branch item maintenance, bank statements, fixed asset reports, accrual reconciliations, property and sales tax reporting, A/P, A/R.
Printing and organizing daily paperwork for routes, use postage meter, computer back-ups, customer billing.
- Perform other office functions as needed.
Demonstrated good computer experience or ability to learn quickly is necessary
Experience with data entry and adding machine
Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction. Education:
High school graduation or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of sitting and standing in the company office. Walking, sitting, talking, hearing, speaking, pulling, pushing, occasional lifting of boxes up to 25 lbs., filing, stooping, stoop, reaching, fine dexterity.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- This is an industrial laundry facility. Employee may be exposed to variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust if in the plant, but will only be working in typical indoor offices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Requisition Number: 16-2703
Post Date: 10/18/2016
Posting Expiration Date: 10/28/2016
Title: Office Clerk