High Tech Genesis C/C++ Developer in Ottawa, Ontario
Your role will be to design and implement high quality software capabilities for data center and cloud based systems. This is a software development role requiring strong programming experience, proven software design abilities and a high degree of adaptability and creativity. Experience programming in multiple languages including Java, C and C++ will be important assets but a key strength in C++ is necessary.
- A Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years software development experience.
- Experience collaborating effectively with various groups and team members including external or remote teams.
- Product development experience on both Windows and Linux OS platforms.
- Demonstrated history of technical innovation, attention to detail, ability to handle shifting priorities, changing directions and multi-tasking, all with commitment to product quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive, customer-oriented approach when troubleshooting problems and resolving issues related to product, process and tools.
- Highly proficient C and C++ programming languages and experience with Java and J2EE technologies
- Experience in working with server software systems.
- Good planning and effort estimation skills.
- Application-layer network knowledge, security related technologies, understanding of server/system architecture and design.
- Proficient in Java and technologies such as J2EE, Apache Tomcat, Service Oriented Architecture, and Web Services.* *
- Proficient with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Experience with socket programming and system programming.
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud computing concepts and technologies.
- Familiarity with systems based on software as a service model.
- Networking (protocol stack) knowledge
- Familiar with application layer protocol such as HTTP, FTP, SMTP, and POP3.
- Knowledge or experience with various open source technologies and tools.
- Knowledge of security or system management platform and SIEM
To apply: Send your resume directly to Resumes@HighTechGenesis.com and include “Job code: 004-057-HTG” in the subject line
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Title: C/C++ Developer
# of Positions: 1
Job Number: 004-057-HTG