Arvest APS Loan Advisor in Overland Park, Kansas
Position requires flexibility Monday through Friday 8 am to 9 pm and rotating Saturdays 8 am to 3 pm.
SUMMARY: Under the supervision and guidance of the APS Loan Production Supervisor, the APS Loan Advisor plays a critical role in the successful growth of APS. The Loan Advisor is the key point of contact throughout the product delivery cycle. The responsibilities include understanding the applicant’s goals while designing a loan and the ability to meet the loan requirements and make an appropriate lending decision. The APS Loan Advisor provides friendly, courteous, efficient, and cooperative service to both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Give exceptional internal and external customer service by displaying sincere, outgoing, aggressive friendliness which includes answering phones promptly, consistently exhibit courtesy, competency and concern while responding timely and using customer’s name.
- Interview customers and accept consumer loan applications, obtaining financial information and purpose for loan; input customer applications into loan software for loan request determination.
- Handle incoming acquisition calls in a manner that gives the consumer calling in a feeling of comfort, importance and appreciation of the consumer’s situation and interests.
- Successfully complete the credit application.
- Facilitate the various components of the application decision process (identity, verification, develop information, cash flow/capacity assessment, credit bureau review, judgmental review, etc.)
- Fully evaluate the status of the consumer calling in. Make a comprehensive credit assessment of the applicant, while establishing a relationship with the applicant and building positive rapport.
- Make sound credit decisions consistent with the credit philosophy and guidelines of the division.
- Negotiate loan terms (loan amount, term, APR) that provide a solution to the applicant’s need.
- Provide a comprehensive picture of the full features and benefits of the product and do so in a manner that is most relevant to the consumer. Sell the most relevant benefits in a positive persuasive manner to each consumer.
- Gain applicant acceptance of the approved loan offer and achieve loan activation
- Obtain all required information and provide all required disclosures. Provide all appropriate documentation and recording throughout the process. Adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures.
- Mentor new APS Loan Advisor’s as needed.
- Maintain reports as requested by management for volume.rend analysis.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma required.
- 3 years previous experience consisting of the following: 2 years in sales and 1 year in a financial services industry or equivalent required.
- Consumer Loan experience preferred.
- Arvest experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess aptitude to decision loan applications in a judgmental review environment
- Must possess willingness to ask probing questions during the application development process.
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Organization
As a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With over 315 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you.
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: APS Loan Advisor
Location: 7300 College Blvd, Ste 208; KS, Overland Park
Grade: 13 SSMET
Accepting applications through: October 23, 2016
Preferred Qualifications: See Below
Category: Lending Operations