Black & Veatch Process Engineer 4 - Oil & Gas in Overland Park, Kansas
Process Engineer 4 - Oil & Gas
Black & Veatch provides engineering, technology, consulting and construction solutions that span the life cycle of projects in the power generation, power delivery and hydrocarbon process industries. Our services encompass planning, design, procurement, construction, startup, optimization and maintenance.
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems in the Oil & Gas industry. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process Engineer knowledgeable in process design, specifications, plant operation and troubleshooting, commissioning and startup experience.
• Plan, develop, coordinate and direct the process engineering effort for assigned project(s).
• Develop and monitor project control systems including schedules, budgets, and milestone completions.
• Knowledgeable in codes and standards pertaining to the Oil & Gas industry.
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts with an understanding of Six-Sigma and Lean principals.
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects.
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
• Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Develops and applies advanced engineering solutions to complex problems.
• Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
• Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for projects.
• Establishes work plan to be applied to a given project.
Client Focus & Project Coordination:
• Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects.
• Provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members.
• Responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
Professional Engineering License.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.