HP Project Manager - Planning & Operations in Palo Alto, California
Project Manager - Planning & Operations
Organization: CTO & HP Labs
Role: Project Manager - Planning & Operations supporting Jimmy Johnson, Director of Strategy and Planning (Chief of Staff for Shane Wall)
HP’s CTO organization is focused on identifying and incubating emerging technologies, establishing a clear external vision, and leading the technology community for the next wave of innovation in HP Inc. HP Labs mission is to create, identify, and develop novel technologies and experiences that delight customers and define the future of HP Inc.
The Project Manager - Planning & Operations will advise and support the CTO Chief of Staff in driving an effective operational cadence across CTO and Labs and manages strategic projects. This individual will be responsible for planning/coordinating key CTO/Labs leadership activities as well as support the CTO Chief of Staff to define, implement and manage an operating cadence for the organization, including content (dashboards, metrics, internal/external presentations) as well as process (review process, calendars, etc.).
The Project Manager - Planning & Operations will drive special initiatives ranging from key customer meetings to operations topics – anything that is needed to keep the organization running smoothly and ensure all employees are working towards the same objectives/outcomes. This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
• Strong analytical thinker able to help define, drive and manage the operating cadence for a business interacting with multiple business units
• Ability to run independently with strategic projects (e.g., customer meeting coordination and content, content for senior level internal and external meetings, analysis on special topics, etc.)
• High degree of flexibility and ability to work within a fluid, constantly changing environment
• Solid program/project management skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and able to effectively up-level messaging to an exec audience
• Ability to handle ambiguity and manage multiple priorities (both long and short term)
• Ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others
• Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information
• In summary, a trusted go-to person for the CTO Chief of Staff who gets things done and works effectively across all levels within the CTO as well as across the company
Support the CTO Chief of Staff in defining, implementing and managing the operating cadence for the organization (both content and process).
Execute strategic projects on an as needed basis, working closely with the Chief of Staff. Examples include preparing for market/customer-facing events (e.g., external conferences).
Support preparation of quarterly PPS and CEO QBRs as well as other key executive reviews. Track action items from key reviews and follow up with CTO/Labs owners to ensure action items are being addressed/resolved in a timely manner.
Work with cross-functional teams to evaluate the status of initiatives/projects and to set context for presentations to executive leadership team.
Plan and execute weekly CTO executive staff meetings and Face to Face meetings.
Work with CTO Chief of Staff and Executive Assistant teams on annual calendar and communicate out to teams so they can plan accordingly.
Stand-in for CTO Chief of Staff, as needed, at internal business meetings to provide continuity of support to the CTO organization.
Bachelor’s degree mandatory
Master’s degree preferred but not required
Typically 3-5 years of work experience in business planning, strategy or marketing
Strong communications, program/project management and people management skills
No shift premium (United States of America)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html