Allergan Chargeback Analyst in Parsippany, New Jersey
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/905/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Oct 13, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world. Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives. Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
The Chargeback Analyst, Chargeback Administration is responsible for accurately administering Chargebacks for Wholesalers submitting chargeback activity for Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), the Federal Government, & Public Health Service Entities and Hospitals.
This position is responsible for ensuring that chargebacks are processed and maintained within Allergan’s Revenue Management System and that all chargeback submissions are accurately validated, processed and paid in a timely manner. The person in this role will maintain ongoing communication with wholesalers while resolving discrepancies to ensure all chargeback deductions are analyzed and reconciled and maintain contact with the wholesalers EDI and chargeback departments for the management of chargebacks and other deductions / receivables.
The Chargeback Analyst works cross-functionally with internal colleagues in Contracting, Managed Markets Account Management, Accounts Receivable/Payable, Customer Service, Information Systems, and Revenue Accounting. Additionally, position interacts directly with Allergan’s customers to facilitate review and resolution of submission issues.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Accurately process chargeback submissions within the Allergan’s Revenue Management System in a timely manner.
• Ensure timely delivery of chargeback processing and provide clear and open communication to team members, customers and account representatives.
• Work closely with the contract administration team to address and/or escalate issues with contract pricing disparities.
• Identify, monitor and minimize deductions. Maintain deduction level and processing objectives as determined by management.
• Create and maintain reports to track progress of deduction resolution on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for maintaining an effective customer focus: communicating with and providing chargeback activity and supporting documentation to external and internal customers.
• Participate and/or contribute to special projects as needed.
• Responsible for adhering to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of Management.
• Must possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
· Minimum Education Level: B.A./B.S. degree required or relevant experience, with degrees in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred.
· Business Knowledge: Understanding of pharmaceutical industry, product flow and reimbursement.
· Understanding of pharmaceutical pricing and contracting and related chargeback administration and chargeback payment processes.
· Technology: Proficient in most Microsoft applications; Significant experience working with and knowledge of pharmaceutical Revenue Management Systems. SAP experience a plus.
· Relevant Work Experience: 2+ years of experience in pharmaceutical contracting and or related financial operations.
· Skills: Strong communication, organizational, and communication skills; Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet timelines; Demonstrated attention to detail.