Allergan Manager Tax in Parsippany, New Jersey
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/466/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Sep 08, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
A Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing the multi-state sales/use, property tax, unclaimed property, local business license and other miscellaneous in-direct tax compliance requirements for various governmental agencies. In addition, the Tax Manager will oversee and be accountable for multi-state sales/ use tax policies, audits and communicate timely appropriate tax-related information to internal company stakeholders.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
Supervise, review and provide guidance to staff professionals with the preparation of indirect tax filings which include sales/use tax and other miscellaneous taxes and business license compliance.
• Work with staff to ensure valid customer exemption certificates are maintained, customer and vendor inquiries are appropriately resolved, and company exemption certificates are issued to vendors where applicable.
• Determine proper tax treatment of tax positions and transactions, as well as monitor tax environment and legislation for tax saving opportunities, potential product exemptions, exposure areas, etc.
• Manage state and local sales/use tax and assist with any Federal Excise Tax audits.
• Represent the Company before various taxing authorities; coordinate with government affairs, outside counsel and state and local agencies for tax matter resolution.
• Resolve tax issues and/or provide tax guidance to various internal and external customers including AP/AR, sales/marketing, procurement, government affairs, legal/coalitions and medical societies.
• Provide tax advice and customized training/guidance materials to various internal customers.
• Advise management regarding the tax impact due to change in business activities and with strategies to minimize multi-state tax liabilities.
• Determine sales/use tax loss contingency requirements in accordance with ASC 450 (FAS 5).
• Establish and maintain relationships with affiliated company personnel and external tax professionals, including government agencies.
• Notify the appropriate departments on tax policy changes and maintain those changes in applicable systems.
• Develop and maintain a team atmosphere through communication and mentoring.
• Conduct yearly performance reviews and provide regular coaching and training to staff.
• Review applicant submissions for job postings, conduct interviews and make recommendations regarding hiring
Prior managerial experience and proven leadership skills.
· Extensive knowledge of multistate sales/use tax laws, regulations, and processes.
· Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to effectively compose comprehensive tax memoranda including authoritative citations of relevant tax provisions and/or case law in order to document company tax positions.
· Well organized and able to identify and manage multiple projects.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
· Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA, proficient with tax compliance process software including Vertex, Avalara or comparable programs.
· Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
· five (5) – seven (7) years tax management experience, preferably within the consumer business and/or life science manufacturing industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Big Four or mid-tier public accounting tax
· Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor, moderate noise levels and frequent business travel. Work is performed in an office environment.
Big Four or mid-tier public accounting tax professional preferred. Passed State CPA Exam or CMI Professional Designation preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or University.