Allergan Sr Purchasing Analyst in Parsippany, New Jersey
Sr Purchasing Analyst
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/722/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Sep 30, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
We are seeking a Sr. Procurement Analyst that is a self-starter with high energy, excellent analytical skills, and is capable of working efficiently. This position will be reporting to the Associate Director of Strategic Sourcing
Essential Job Functions: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
• Executes and supports project tasks in an efficient and timely manner; achieve timeline and desired results by effectively and efficiently prioritizing tasks and projects.
• Performs procurement data analysis, extract purchasing reports from SAP, use Excel to perform in-depth analysis, present recommendations to commodity managers, provide support for data projects as well as other departmental duties.
• Maintains sourcing database(s) to ensure reporting is accurate; review and analyze reporting
• Facilities and supports all phases of formal supplier contract review process (R&D, APIs, & Excipients).
• Executes and Monitors contract compliance.
• Manages Excipients consolidation, classification, risk assessment, QA compliance/RA requirements.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
• Strategically manages global excipients portfolio, analyzes, develops and recommends plans through the collection of historical data, industry trends and competitive dynamics for potential cost savings opportunities. Present findings and recommendations to Global Team for review.
• Develops and improves supplier relationships
. Takes initiative, develops partnerships with internal and external customers and manufacturers and maximizes efficiencies for information flow across functions to ensure product supply.
• Creates and develops ad hoc reports for various functional group as required (EH&S supplier contact information, CTPAT, etc.)
• Participates in the global budgeting process (identify incoterms, freight breakdown)
• Supports documentation collection from suppliers regarding Elemental Impurities
• Optimizes Change control process
• Process Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders as required.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills :
Knowledge of :
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
· Inventory analysis, forecasting, purchasing services and supply management.
· Ability to develop an end-to end perspective of the supply chain to identify and address issues
· Distribution, supplier negotiations, market pricing and contracting industry.
· Ability to work cross functionally. Must be willing to work as a team and develop relationships with stakeholders
· Intermediate to advanced level computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Access. SAP user experience.
· Current Company policies and practices, including safety rules and regulations.
· Planning, implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources and highest quality of product satisfaction.
· Analyzing problems, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations that support department goals and objectives.
· Researching, analyzing and evaluating new product development materials, methods, procedures and techniques.
· Ability to think logically and assess, track, and measure the effectiveness of the data analysis deliverables to achieve goals and objectives.
· Providing work direction to lower level co-workers.
· Strong analytical and negotiation skills and excellent quantitative and organizational skills.
· Analyzing and performing profitability models.
· Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Managing and organizing multiple projects and assignments.
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions : Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor, moderate noise levels and occasional business travel. Work is performed in an office environment.
Minimum Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of at least six (6) to nine (9) years experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.