YMCA of Greater Houston Membership Lead II in Pearland, Texas
Under the direction of the Membership Director, assists with all aspects of member service, membership sales, orientation and connection of every new member into a YMCA program or activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Membership Director in implementing Branch membership plan.
- Assists the Membership Director in hiring, training, supporting and managing membership staff.
- Assists in managing the daily operations of the Welcome Center.
- Assists in ensuring sufficient staffing levels for daily operations, holidays, and special events; filling in as needed.
- Assists with providing quality member service in the Welcome Center, Wellness Center, and Child Watch. Required to obtain the proper training to assist members and staff in each department.
- Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining a prospective member follow-up plan to encourage prospective members to join the YMCA.
- Assist with and helps coordinate special events.
Oversees the daily record keeping associated with membership, including Scholarships, Accounts Receivable, Billing Issues, and Daxko.
Ensures all members/visitors of the YMCA are welcomed and provided with quality service.
- Promotes and incorporates the YMCA mission and core values into all membership efforts.
- Works 40 hours per week at the center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have High School Diploma
Minimum two years experience in a Customer Service area
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment varies between fast paced to slow, with a moderate noise level.
Posting ID 79634543636
Job Category Member Services/Sales