General Electric Global Services Technical Instructor, LCS in Pewaukee, Wisconsin
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Global Services Technical Instructor role is responsible for delivering, and supporting the analysis, design, and development of technical learning of medical devices and systems in a highly regulated industry. The qualified individual will ensure all internal and external customer needs are met and that students are prepared, supported and empowered to safely & effectively serve our customers.
• Create a learning environment that encourages student involvement and participation
• Contribute to overall effectiveness of educational programs
• Manage the classroom environment to foster a positive learning experience
• Deliver learning solutions in a manner that is both engaging and effective
• Facilitate hands-on and virtual lab experiences and maintain training equipment as needed
• Stay informed and current with changes and innovations in their area of technical expertise
• Collaborate in a team environment to drive a learning continuum culture
• Build Performance Support Tool solutions for internal and external use
• Engage and provide training input into new product introductions
• Support eLearning initiatives as subject matter experts and instructional designers
• Adhere to Environment Health and Safety requirements and other regulatory requirements
• Maintain strict compliance to General Electric’s Spirit and Letter Policies
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Recognized expert in the specfic modality with either an Associate’s degree OR Bachelor’s degree and at least six years experience in the field or in an engineering role.
• Open to domestic or global travel to deliver training or Train-The-Trianer sessions
• Willing to partake in a drug screen and background investigation if selected for the role
• Team player, with a positive attitude and a passion for creativity
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to create varied learning styles for all students
• Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office software applications
• Experience with adult education principles, training design and delivery techniques, or experience in the installation and service of GEHC products.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer quality and customer satisfaction in and outside of the classroom.
• Excellent written and presentation skills, with experience in innovative course delivery.
• Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to work with teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Certified Technical Trainer
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Pewaukee
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.