Comcast IP Video Quality Director in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The IP Video Quality of Experience Lead is a technically focused, business driven leader capable of excelling in a cross-platform media services environment with a focus on platform resiliency and continuous improvement. The candidate will establish a set of KPIs and review regularly for opportunities to improve the customer experience, with the goal of having a 100% error-free experience when viewing best-in-class IP-based video content.
Identify areas for improvement across the end-to-end IP video experience.
- Drive initiatives related to these improvements across relevant teams, departments and field organizations as applicable.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the engineering, technical operations, product and field stakeholders.
Primary point of contact for senior management across IP Video quality improvement initiatives.
Integrate into technical team meetings and planning sessions to steer improvement activities.
- Work with the support and monitoring teams to understand current KPI coverage, parity with similar teams' PMs, and gaps that may affect platform integrity.
Develop and communicate executive level reporting and communication for all IP Video Quality initiatives.
- Develop artifacts such as project plans, updated technical runbooks, detailed reports, gap analysis/areas for efficiency implementation.
- Identify gaps in reporting, instrumentation, alarms and other areas that may provide insight, visibility and understanding of the customer experience.
Regularly review metrics to gauge customer experience and improvement efforts. Implement corrective actions as necessary.
Sync with key management team owners to pull updated feedback into future status and planning sessions for improved approaches going forward.
- Facilitate consistent implementation of planning, readiness, execution and post mortem activities across all affected program areas.
At least 8 years of experience with consumer or enterprise software/operations (mobile, desktop, web, cloud, customer in-home appliance), including:
- IP Video Technologist familiar with the technology and distribution methods of IP Video
- Diplomat-skilled at handling difficult situations.
- Self-Managing-works with manager to identify goals and can handle without much need for clarification.
- Leader-Can lead a team of both direct reports as well as parallel, non-direct report team members for special projects, towards accomplishing an organizational goal.
- Technical operations project management experience.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience with Tableau and Splunk reporting a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer